Link Building Statistics 2019-2020 & 2017-2018
SEO Link Building Statistics 2019-2020
- Link rel attributes grew by 200% in 2019 with the release of Sponsored and GSC
- This is in addition to the no follow and rel=”nofollow” attributes
- CDNs can increase page load speeds by 72%
- Leveraging a CDN like Cloudflare can increase page load speeds by up to 72%
- The average page load speed for a #1 results is sub 2 seconds
- 53% of first page results of Google use HTTPS
- In 2019 the myth continues to spread that 75% of Search Engine Optimization is off-page
- For the record we do not believe this to be true
- Local links and citations matter – 72% of local search users visit stores within 5 mi.
- Social sharing can boost website links by up to 245% over the course of a year
- Google trends shows link building needs in The USA are most searched for in:
- North Carolina
- In 2019-2020 62% of the pages top 10 Google results are 3+ years old
- Switching to SSL reduces a site’s existing traffic for 3.5 months
SEO Link Building Statistics 2018
The fast changing world of SEO has seen remarkable developments; the most notable changes include the introduction, social sharing, Penguin 4.0, Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) and the growth of video content. The release of Penguin did a lot to change the SEO landscape, more so with the addition of real time, Google Penguin Spam Filter as part of the Google core algorithm. The list of SEO statistics to know in 2017 as provided by EarnedLinks the link building company reveals several interesting statistics covering such aspects as keyword, quality content, link building, Content Management System (CMS) and organic listings among others. The brief reads as follows:
• As of December 2017, the percentage of B2C and B2B marketers that had optimized their blogs for mobile devices in order to boost SEO efforts stood at 62% and 61% respectively.
• A survey conducted by Google Search Quality Strategist has shown that the two most important signals for ranking websites during searches are link building and quality content.
• At the end of December 2017, 47% of all websites used CMS as their development platform.
• Another similar statistic released in December 2016 indicates that 58% of all websites using CMS also used WordPress as their development platform.
• Business names featuring keywords ranked 1.5 positions higher compared to those without a keyword.
• A whopping 75% of consumers performing local searches visited a store located within 5 miles of their residence or workstation.
• A study has shown that taking the effort to update and republish dated blog post with new images and content boosted organic traffic by up to 110%.
• The number of website visits funneled from Social Media sites in the Q2 of 2016 stood at 2.8%
• In Q3 2016, Facebook accounted for 61% of all website visits coming from social media.
• Google accounts for a massive 94% of global tablet/mobile search traffic. It was followed way behind by Yahoo and Bing, which accounted for 3% and 1% of the remaining traffic.
• In terms of global desktop search traffic, Google accounts for more than 76% of the traffic followed by Bing and Baidu at 8% and 7% respectively.
• By the end of 2017, it is estimated that 75% of internet usage will be from mobile devices like smart phones and tablets.
Read More About 2017-2018 stats at the bottom of the page
SEO Link Building Statistics 2016-2017
- Backlinks in Google search trends peaked in 2011 and 2017 is expected to have interest like 2009
- Lists posts on average receive 74% more links than any other content type. (Infographics recieved 62% more backlinks)
- Link disavow tools are being used 43% less often in 2016 than they were in 2013 – 2014 during its launch.
- Guest posting services and strategies gained a 112% increase in interest since 2005 and it remains at an all time high since 2013.
- The top 7 countries for Guest Posts, in order are:
- London United Kingdom
- United States
- The USA interest for “link building”has grown 43% since 2005 and reached an all time high during the 2011-2012 fiscal year
- SEMRush is the most popular SEO and link tool in the world, followed by Ahrefs. The two combined exclipse the other 2 most popular tools (Spyfu and Majestic) by 143%
- Content marketing interest peaked over link building in 2013 and interest shows continued growth into 2017 – 2018. (if link hacking doesn’t take off as a buzz word.)
- SEO tools demand has increase over 200% over the past decade and continues to rise. This speaks to the automation prevalent int he industry.
Backlinks in Google search trends peaked in 2011 and 2017 is expected to have interest like 2009
Lists posts on average receive 74% more links than any other content type. (Infographics recieved 62% more backlinks)
Link disavow tools are being used 43% less often in 2016 than they were in 2013 – 2014 during its launch.
Guest posting services and strategies gained a 112% increase in interest since 2005 and it remains at an all time high since 2013.
The top 7 countries for Guest Posts, in order are: Singapore, Pakistan, Phillipines, India, London United Kingdom, Australia, United States
The USA interest for “link building”has grown 43% since 2005 and reached an all time high during the 2011-2012 fiscal year
SEMRush is the most popular SEO and link tool in the world, followed by Ahrefs. The two combined exclipse the other 2 most popular tools (Spyfu and Majestic) by 143%
Content marketing interest peaked o
ver link building in 2013 and interest shows continued growth into 2017 – 2018. (if link hacking doesn’t take off as a buzz word.)
SEO tools demand has increase over 200% over the past decade and continues to rise. This speaks to the automation prevalent int he industry.
Extra Stat: Historical Google Trends for Link Building Services Vs Link Building Company Vs Link Building Agency
- Interest for guest posting and link building services from agencies has been steady from 2013-2017. However, that interest is at an all time low since 2004 with peak interest dwelling from 2008-2013.
The 2018 SEO statistics above indicates that the most important signals for ranking sites is high quality content and link building. On the other hand, digital marketing agencies believe content will remain king all through 2017. The push is driven by business and marketers who will continue to update their content with relevant information. Most companies have set timelines and other detailed plan of action designed to ensure the content carried on their website remain refreshed.
Google is continuously changing its ranking optimization factors and algorithms to ensure sound SEO implementation. According to Backolink, Google uses PageRank Algorithm to rank pages. Unlike the older techniques, where the content was the sole merit for ranking sites, Google algorithms also look at the number of people linked to a particular page or backlinks to determine the quality of a webpage. Newly updated engines like Google Penguin have gone further to analyze the quality, rather than the quantity of the link. It is important to recognize high quality links is crucial ensuring a page ranks higher on Google.
When choosing a link, you need to look at the following key aspects to obtain optimal results; authority of the page, link anchor text, authority of the site, the position of the link on a page and the relevance of the site. When choosing the authority of a site, it is important to acknowledge that link quality has a lot to do with a domains statewide authority. For instance, a business link from a respected site like the Wall Street Journal will have greater impact compared to a link from an unknown blogger that discusses a similar point. According to Link Assistant, the 5 most efficient types of contents for sharing are: data/research, legitimate paid methods, social sharing and videos. These contents can be shared widely using links.
The report also mentions webinars, local press and forums as some of the least efficient methods of sharing content. It is important to know that building low quality links, can lead to penalties that will see your site dissipate to lower ranks. When discerning the interest between content and link building. A report appearing in EarnedLinks.com indicates that the interest in content marketing surpassed that of link building in 2013. The growing interest is set to continue in 2017 through to 2018. Another report by Backedlinko reveals that content will continue to be king in 2017 and this is largely because a staggering 84% of clients say they need fresh and relevant content.
Link Assistant https://www.link-assistant.com/news/link-building-survey-2017.html